Thursday, December 24, 2015

Red Thursday - Scarves

Happy Christmas Eve!
My wonderful husband did some shopping for me, since I have to work today, but it is a clear, beautiful day in downtown Denver!
With a high of 36 degrees, am loving it, even though I am inside.

My red item of the day is a scarf by Madewell. I love scarves, they are fun, and very French. And as you know, the French are known for their great style.
So many things we can do with scarves! 
You can dress an outfit up or down with a single item. A scarf is one of them.
I keep a scarf and an extra pair of earrings in my bag all the time. They come handy if something comes up while I am out and about.

If I want to dress up a plain shirt in spring or summer, I tie a summer scarf around the collar, so that it looks like a bow or a tie. Or you can wear it around your head, the way they used to in the 50's and 60's. My mom used to do that in the 70's and she looked beautiful. 
If it is fall or winter, of course, I just wrap it around my neck. And you can be creative and come up with lots of ways to do that... Single wrapped, double wrapped, loose, knotted. Just beware of the length of the scarf, if it is short, it will not look right when you wrap it around.
For those who do not like to wear turtleneck sweaters, scarves are a good alternative. You can adjust it around your neck any way you want to!







This is me today 

Downtown Denver Skyline 


No comments:

Post a Comment