Monday, June 6, 2016

Summer Footwear and Bullying



Victoria Shoes


Calvin Klein
Nine West 

Nine West

Seychelles

Aldo


I have taken onto photographing some of my favorite spring/summer footwear.
Above are a few I thought I would share.
When sharing some of these pictures in social media, I was surprised to see that some of the comments were focused on my legs, not the shoes. A couple of people commented how my legs look like deer legs, or even Caitlin Jenner's. 
As someone who was bullied when I was a teenager for being thin and having long legs, I did not appreciate the comments. I was embarrassed to wear shorts for my Physical Education class in 6th grade, when I was 10-years-old and that went on through my high school years.
I am human, therefore, I am flawed. 
I am an adult now, so I am less susceptible to criticism about the way I look and I will not let that stand in the way of doing what I want to do. I am accepting of who I am, happily so.
Before you make fun of someone, especially a younger person, think of the consequences your words might cause. We are all different and that is what make us all unique. 
Making fun of the way someone looks is never okay. Most of us do not choose to look the way we do.
Celebrate yourself. What someone finds unattractive about you, someone else thinks it is beautiful, so focus on the positive and do not let it bring you down.
Any thoughts? Anyone?

Much love,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment