Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Stanley Hotel - Estes Park, Colorado.

I do not recall if I have told you about my fascination with what is beyond life once we die. For me, it started when I was about 10 years old. I was spending the night at my grandmother's with some of my cousins and we were sleeping on the sofas.

I woke up in the middle of the night. It must have been around 2-3 am. I saw this lady with her long white-silverish hair up sitting at the head of the dining room table staring at me. When I woke up and told everyone the next morning, they thought it was a dream... until the phone rang and our aunt told us that our great-grandmother passed away that night. Some other things have happened and yes, they are unexplainable, but real.

Have you read "The Shining" by Stephen King, or saw the movie? Some people have experienced unusual things at The Stanley Hotel. It is about an hour north-west of Denver, in Estes Park. We decided to go up there and take some pictures.

The hotel is turned into a historic national landmark. They are expanding the garden area and growing trees to make it look like the maze in the movie.
Of course, I could not resist and had to go into the gift shop where I snatched a long cool vest by Stella Carakasi and a few bookmarks for an unbelievable price.


Take a look at the photos below and stop by The Stanley when you visit Colorado. Make sure to reserve room 217 if you are staying the night. 

Much love,

K



The Stanley Hotel Front View

The Stanley Hotel

The Stanley Hotel

Inside The Stanley Hotel

Inside The Stanley Hotel


Inside The Stanley Hotel

The Stanley Hotel 

Inside The Stanley Hotel


Me - The Stanley Hotel






Wool Vest by Stella Carakasi (Photo by stellacarakasi.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment